TEACH, LEARN, LIVE
Teaching at international House Reggio Calabria means working in a rapidly growing school, to a range of ages and class types, depending on your experience. You would be teaching courses that follow a specific syllabus (including preparation for Cambridge exams) from September until June.
WHO YOU WOULD BE TEACHING
- Ages range from preschoolers to adults.
- Levels are from Beginner to Proficiency.
- Classes are divided by age into Pre-school, Kids, Juniors, Seniors and Adults and are subdivided within these bands by level.
- Maximum number of students in a class is 12.
- The school prepares students for Cambridge Exams (YLE, KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, BEC) and IELTS.
- Most lessons last between 60 and 130 minutes and teachers have short breaks between lessons.
- Each student in each class is provided with a course book for use in class and a workbook for use at home.
- A Director of Studies
- Educational Projects Director
- Two computer rooms.
- Two colourful classrooms dedicated solely to young and very young learners, with Interactive Whiteboards and a range of supplementary materials for young learners.
- Computer in every room and Wi-Fi internet access in all the school.
- An extensive library with a wide range of resources and Teacher Development books and journals.
- IWB software to accompany the main course books and SMART Boards
- School Intranet (for accessing timetables, registers and communicating with staff) and Extranet (each student has their own account and can see a record of their lessons, homework, upcoming events etc.).
- Macmillan English Campus software for use with the students.